Oozy smoked camembert cheese and figs with the help of our My Butchers Block Maple Braai Board is the perfect starter made on the fire.
- 4 mini Camembert
- 100g fresh figs
- 200g dried figs
- 2/5 cup white wine
- 75g sugar
- 2 vanilla pods, split and scraped
- 100g toasted pecans
- Soak maple plank in water overnight or for at least an hour.
- Combine dried figs, wine, sugar and vanilla in a pot. Bring to the boil and simmer until jam consistency is achieved ( to test, smear a spoonful on a plate and place in freezer. Once cooled you will be able to see the consistency of your jam)
- Place braai planks on an open flame for 1-2 minutes on the side you will be arranging and braaing your dish.
- Arrange camembert on the braai plank and top with spoonfuls of jam and scattered nuts. Cover with a kettle braai lid and continue to braai for about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with sliced fresh figs and extra nuts and fig jam.
Recipe developed by Cara Gardner