My Butchers block smoking planks are used as a versatile cooking method where food is placed on top of a fragrant plank of wood to cook over a heat source. The plank or wood has a characteristic flavor and aroma that it infuses into the food as heat is applied. Plank board Braaing is popular with fish like salmon and others, but planks can be used with other meats, pizza, vegetables, fruits and cheese too. The result is juicy and moist flavour-filled and aroma-rich food.
Available in 4 flavors. Oak, Cherry, Maple and Cedar.
- Fish: For delicate foods, like many fish, the gentler flavors of woods like cedar and alder are a good match.
- Chicken or pork: Take a step up to heartier meats like chicken and pork, and medium woods like maple, apple, and pecan will leave more of an impression without being overpowering.
- Beef or gamier meats: You can bump up the wood flavor even more to heavier-handed options such as oak and hickory.
Each wood is unique, so it’s worth picking up a variety and playing around to see how each imparts a different flavor. Taste here can be incredibly subjective.
- Sourced from Sustainable managed plantations
- Perfect gift for weddings, corporate events, housewarmings, birthdays, or other special days
- The smoking planks come with full instructions and a tasty recipe in the packaging.
- Soak for 60 minutes, then place your fish, meat, poultry or vegetables on the plank and place on the preheated grill
- Can be used once or twice, depending on the heat of your fire or grill