Thanks to Munchkin Time for sharing her very easy recipe on how to cook the perfect ribeye steak on the stove!
This is perfect for Father’s Day! Especially if you do not want to go out to a public space due to COVID and would like to stay home and cook dad an amazing rib-eye steak!
Let’s get started!
- 2 – a little over than 1lb bone-in rib eye steaks, let sit at room temperature for about ½ an hour before cooking
- 2 teaspoons of steak seasoning (Use dads favourite steak seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (I think olive oil is also good)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 rosemary sprig
How to cook rib-eye steak on the stove – 5 steps:
- Season ribeye steak with 2 teaspoons of steak seasoning, both sides (1 teaspoon per steak).
- Using a large cast iron, preheat 2 tablespoons of avocado oil/olive oil, over high heat (it will be a good time to open the windows right now, and turn ON your stove fan).
- Add ribeye steaks and cook on high heat for about 4- 5 minutes, until steaks are slightly charred. Carefully flip on the other side, and immediately add 4 tablespoons of butter, 4 thyme sprigs, 3 garlic cloves and 1 rosemary sprig.
- Cook the ribeye steaks on high heat basting with melted butter. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare, 5 to 7 minutes for medium, or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (I cook for 5 minutes).
- Remove ribeye steak onto a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut the bone off, slice the steak across the grain. Serve with Perfect Roast Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary, a must try Italian Salad, and Loaded & Baked Eggplant. Enjoy!
Let us know what you thought of the recipe!
Check out her other recipes!
Credit and images: Munchkin Time
Compiled by: Daniela Toth