Majors Kitchen shows us how to make a delicious mac and cheese.
We teamed up with @majorkitchen. A passionate home cook that shares his delicious recipes and journey on Instagram.
Featured Recipe: The return of the Mac and Cheese.
Creamy, cheesy, and moreish.
This mac n cheese contains 4 types of cheese and very smoky bacon to give it a real depth of flavour. Ingredients below and method in the story highlights as Mac and Cheese.
- 500g pasta, elbow, or twirls are best
- 6c full cream milk
- 3 heaped tbsp cake flour
- 200g @ryanboonmeats bacon bits (these have significantly more smoky flavour than normal bacon)
- 80g butter
- 1/2 onion
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp @smoked.za paprika
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 200g mature full fat cheddar, grated
- 200 g full fat gouda, grated
- 200g Kerry gold dubliner, grated
- 50g Grana padano, finely grated
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp butter to melt into the breadcrumbs
Mix up the cheeses to whichever you prefer but stronger flavoured cheese that melt well are best. Gruyere works very well too.
See video for instructions:
Written by Daniela Toth