How to turn your next braai into a Plankie Braai:
- Start a fire. When the coals are ready, braai the first batch of food ( e.g. steak, boerie and mielies).
- When ready, slice up the steak and boerie and set out on the Plankie Braai for guests to help themselves. Don’t forget the chutney and chakalaka!
- Add more wood to fire. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the next batch of braaivleis.
The idea of sharing plates and tappas set in the middle of the table and everyone digs in, and helps themselves over an extended lunch or dinner is the inspiration behind our new Plankie Braai Board. We understand that braaing is not a rushed affair, and the Plankie Braai Board provides the perfect sharing board solution for those occasions when food is being enjoyed straight off the braai. No more waiting for everything to be done before dishing up!
The Plankie Braai is a large wooden serving board made for slicing up large steak, boerewors alongside braaibroodjies and other sides. Think of it as a braai platter, with dipping bowls and ideally placed grooves to catch all those meat drippings.
Fall in love with these features
- Juice grooves – will catch all the meat drippings from resting and slicing which means no messy clean up.
- Dipping bowls – each board comes with two stainless steel dipping bowls for your sauces, dry herbs and other accompaniments to take your platter to the next level.
- Generous space for serving different dishes likes meats and veg. And, plenty of room for slicing and carving.
Like always, the new Plankie Braai Board is manufactured with the same superior quality locally sourced Knysna Blackwood as all My Butchers Block products. Knysna Blackwood is well known for its unique patterns and fine texture.
Remember, unlike other wooden boards on the market, your My Butchers Block Plankie Braai is made to last and will not warp its shape over time from years of use.
Because the Plankie Braai is made from 100% wood, it will require some TLC from time to time. A quick application of our wood care oil will keep the wood in tip top shape and eliminate any nasty bacteria.
The Plankie Braai is available in two convenient sizes.
- Large – 400 x 600
- Medium -300 x 600
Pre-orders in time for Braai Day recommended.
Note: Minimum order of case of 6 per size applies.
Delivery – 10 working days
Lee Ginsberg: email@example.com / + 27 21 9452780
My Butchers Block™ is proudly South African company that has helped revolutionize the humble braai. We manufacture high end Butchers Blocks and related wooden kitchen and braai products. We believe: Wood is Good.
Please feel free to contact us for more information or high-resolution images.