How to use Beeswax Conditioner for a Butchers Block?
The wax of bees has been used for centuries for waterproofing and sealing materials from baskets to cloth and for preserving foods and other perishable materials, including wood.
Protect your wooden boards and blocks from water damage.
The My Butchers Block Beeswax Conditioner enhances your wooden blocks and boards' resistance against water (though it will not be waterproof) and will help protect the wood surface from use and wear. It will also give a wood surface a nice smooth feel to the touch, as well as leave a gentle, sweet fragrance.
How to Apply the Beeswax Conditioner?
1. To get the best results for application, put the bottle of conditioner in hot water for about 5 minutes to get the bees wax to melt. This will depend on the weather - during cooler months the Beeswax Conditioner will form a harder/solid consistency.
2. Using a soft cloth, apply My Butchers Block Beeswax Wood Conditioner to your clean cutting board or any untreated wooden products.
3. Leave until the conditioner is absorbed into the wood.
Repeat the above and apply to the cutting board once a week.
Because the Conditioner is 100% natural, it is safe to use chopping board directly after the Beeswax Conditioner has absorbed into the wood.
What are the benefits of using the Beeswax Conditioner?
1. It protects the surface of your wooden Butchers Block.
The beeswax sits on the surface of the wood, whereas oil soaks into the wood. As a result the beeswax fills in pores and gaps that thin oil can't bridge. This helps to keep moisture, bacteria, and other contaminants from getting into the wood surface.
2. Beeswax is an all-natural product.
Using the Beeswax Conditioner is not only good for your Butchers Block but also for you. Using a natural product keeps unnecessary chemicals and toxins from contaminating your food. Stay mean, keep it clean!
How often should you use the Beeswax Conditioner?
Re-oil the Butchers Block monthly or as often as needed.